welcome to the foddr prototype!
this prototype is part of an effort
to move social networking away from the big monopolies,
back to a grassrooted and diverse model of social networking
without central points of control...
to learn more about this idea go to foddr's BLOG.
foddr is basically a relay for web-feeds
what it does so far:
- you can create an account
- then register one or more upstream feeds (from where you have your content published)
- then you define a downsteam feed
- gives you a request url for your downstream feed that you pass on to your audience
- regularly pulls your upstream feed(s) and stores its data
- combines the upstream data into your downstream feed
- foddr can optionally track requests of individual feed items and generate request stats